Pride of the institute is large volumes (30000) of books in the areas of Engineering, Applied sciences, Humanity and Management, and ancillary areas from various Indian and foreign publications. Library is a hub around which all academic activities of the institute revolve. The library subscribes to national and international journals, including e-journals through consortium in the field of technology, magazines on current affairs and general interest to keep the students update with new technology & events. The students have free in-hand facilities for books and journals.
Hostel and Departmental Library:
Each hostel has its own library and number of volume available in hostel library is 2315 and all departments have its own library apart from the central library. The total no. of volumes of books available in the departmental library is 1014.
The library has an Audio-Visual Section, equipped with the latest in trend audio-video systems. The Audio-Visual Section has 15 no. of computers, more than 1000 LRs/CD's, 500 no. of DVD's 3 no. of TV 2 no. of CD player, 3 no. of DVD players, book scanner available for preparing E-books, E-Journals-573 on line E journal are available through Springer link. The video lectures are for a wide variety of full video courses of eminent professors from the IITs. It is striving for the unlimited ambit of frontier vision in educational technology.
The Central Library has its own LAN and is also connected to the central server for Internet access and for sharing library resources throughout the country.
The central library, apart from the general library block, constitutes of three separate sections namely,
Reference Books Section
The general library block is well stocked with more than 25000 volumes on engineering, technology, management and ancillary areas from the various Indian and foreign publications. The library operates on an open access system. The students have free in-hand facilities for books and journals through the use of computerized catalogues. The Journal Section, apart from general science magazines, subscribes to around 60 national and international engineering, technical and science journals, conference proceedings and transactions published by reputed institutions like the IEEE, IETE, ISTE etc.
The Audio-Video Section, equipped with the latest in trend audio-video systems, with information and lecture VCDs of eminent professors from IITs, is striving for the unlimited ambit of frontier vision in educational technology.
The audio-video section has the following complete video courses delivered by professors from IITs:
- Analog Electronic Circuits by Prof. S.C. Dutta Roy, IITD ( 51 VCDs)
- Signals & Systems by Prof. S.C. Dutta Roy, IITD ( 40 VCDs)
- Manufacturing Processes by Prof. R.S. Parmar, IITD (13 VCDs)
- Computer Aided Design by Dr. Anoop Chawla, IITD (40 VCDs)
- Electromechanical Energy Conversion by Prof. S.S. Murthy, IITD (39 VCDs)
- D C Machines by Prof. S.S. Murthy, IITD (12 VCDs)
- Data Structures by Prof. B.B. Madan, IITD (39 VCDs)
- Computer Graphics by Prof. K.K. Biswas, IITD (31 VCDs)
- VLSI Circuits & Systems by Prof. S.K. Lahiri, IITKGP (41 VCDs)
- VLSI Devices & Models by Prof. S.K. Lahiri, IITKGP(56 VCDs)
- Digital Signal Processing by Prof. T.K. Basu, IITKGP (36 VCDs)
- Machine Drives - I by Prof. A.K. Chattopadhyay, IITKGP (35 VCDs)
- Machine Drives - II by Prof. A.K. Chattopadhyay, IITKGP (35 VCDs)
- Digital Communications by Prof. S. Chakraborty, IITKGP (39 VCDs)
- Networks, Signals and Systems by Prof. T.K. Basu, IITKGP (31 VCDs)
- Electrical Machines – I by Prof. T.K. Bhattacharya, IITKGP (38 VCDs)
- Modelling & Simulation of Dynamic Systems by Prof. A. Mukherjee, IITKGP (38VCDs)
- Robotics & Robot Applications by Prof. A.B. Chattopadhyay, IITKGP (40 VCDs)
- Fluid Machines by Prof. S.K. Som, IITKGP (32 VCDs)
- Basic Thermodynamics by Prof. S.K. Som, IITKGP (34 VCDs)
- Programming & Datastructure by Prof. P.P. Chakraborty, IITKGP (32 VCDs)
- Internet Technologies by Prof. I. Sen Gupta, IITKGP (30 VCDs)
- Computer Architecture & Operating Systems by Prof. S.C. De. Sarkar, IITKGP ( 32 VCDs)
- Operating Systems by Prof. P.K. Biswas, IITKGP (32 VCDs)
- Digital Computer Organization by Prof. P.K. Biswas, IITKGP (28 VCDs)
- Microprocessors & Microcontrollers by Prof. A. Pal, IITKGP (30 VCDs)
- VLSI System Design by Prof. D. Roy Chowdhury, IITKGP (30 VCDs)
The Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) has set-up a "Consortia-based Subscription to Electronic Resources for Technical Education System in India " on the recommendation made by the Expert Group appointed by the ministry. The consortium is named as the Indian National Digital Library in Science and Technology (INDEST) Consortium. MHRD has set up the INDEST Consortium Headquarters at IIT, Delhi .The college has been selected for AICTE sponsored subscription to IEEE Electronic Library through AICTE-INDEST Scheme and IEL is now available to all faculty and students on its intranet through IP enabled account. To access the resources the users have to simply log onto http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/
from any of the systems on the intranet of the college. Presently the following e-journals are available online through out the campus:
IEEE/IEE Electronic Library (IEL) provides a single source to almost a third of the world's current electrical engineering and computer science literature, granting unparalleled access to publications from the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) and the Institution of Electrical Engineers (IEE). The resource covers more than 780,000 documents from over 12,000 publications, including journals, conference proceedings, and IEEE Standards. It provides access to more than two million full-page PDF images, including all original charts, graphs, diagrams, photographs, and illustrative materials. More than 25,000 new pages are added per month. Archival access to the full-text archives of IEEE and IEE publications is available from 1988 to the present.