Dr. Ajeet Singh
Designation: Assistant Professor
Faculty Type: Permanent
An alumni of Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee and ex-faculty member of NSIT, Dwarka. He has 5 years of teaching and research experience in the field of biotechnology. He has keen interest in Cell and Molecular Biology as his research includes the study of Biochemical and Molecular Changes under Salinity Stress in Arachis hypogaea. He has presented many papers in International journals and has been very dynamic throughout his career as he has attended many conferences, Symposium and workshops related to the field of biotechnology.
Other Administrative Responsibilities:
- Coordinator, TEQIP.
- Assistant Warden.
- Singh, A. and Prasad, R (2011) Molecular and Physiological Changes in Arachis
hypogaea under Salinity Stress (Communicated).
- Verma P, Singh A, Kaur H and Majee M (2010) PROTEIN L- ISOASPARTYL
METHYLTRANSFERASE1 (CaPIMT1) from chickpea mitigates oxidative stress
induced growth inhibition of Escherichia coli. Planta (2010) 231:329–336.
- Singh A and Prasad R (2009) Salt stress effects growth and cell wall bound
enzymes in Arachis hypogaea L. seedlings. International Journal of Integrative
Biology, 7 (2):117-123.
1. Singh, A., Parveen, S. and Prasad, R. "AGP like Molecules from Thymus vulgaris and its Antimicrobial Potential" 2nd International Conference on Recent advances in Biomedical and Therapeutics Sciences 2005, organized by Bundelkhand Univ Jhansi U.P. (India).
2. Singh, A. and Prasad, R. "Isolation and identification of alkaline thermostable lipase producing microorganism from soil". First International Conference on "Global Sustainable Biotech Congress 2000 AD". P.G. Department of Microbiology, Nagpur University, Nagpur, India, Nov. 27-Dec1, 2000. Memoir Journal, pp-124.
- "Training Workshop on "Protein Structure prediction and applications in Agriculture & Veterinary" September 9th-11th 2008 at Department of Molecular Biology and Genetic Engineering, G.B. Pant University of Agriculture and Technology, Pantnagar, Uttarakhand, India.
- Attended National workshop on Intellectual Property Rights (IPRs), February 2005 at Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee.
- Attended National symposium on Biophysics, February 2003 at Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee.
- Attended International workshop on education and capacity building in biophysics: Needs of the Asian African Region, February 24-25, 2003, organized by Department of Biotechnology, Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee.
- Attended National workshop on "Drafting a Patent Application", 2002, at Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee.